At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Gnarlak was an American goblin gangster. He ran The Blind Pig, a magical speakeasy located at 124 Macdougal Street in New York in the 1920s, which Newt Scamander visited when he was searching for information.
When negotiating payment for his help, Gnarlak stated his interest in Pickett, one of Newt's bowtruckles, as they were reportedly able to pick locks. Newt reluctantly accepted this exchange. However, Gnarlak had already informed MACUSA of Newt's location in an attempt to reap the bounty on his head.
Magical abilities and skills
- Gnarlak carried two wands, although his skill in wand-based magic is not known.
- Gnarlak was capable of performing wandless magic.
Behind the scenes
- Gnarlak is portrayed by Ron Perlman in the film inspired by Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- LEGO Dimensions
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Watch the final Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trailer" from Pottermore
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Ron Perlman talks 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'Fantastic Beasts' at RI Comic Con" from The Telegram
- ↑ The Blind Pig on Google Maps
- ↑ "Everything we've learned about ‘Fantastic Beasts' this week" from Pottermore
- ↑ Youtube - CBS Sunday Morning interview of Eddie Redmayne
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) - Gnarlak's possession of wands may be a result of him being a gangster and operating outside the law, or the laws restricting wand ownership may be different in America than in England.
- ↑ LEGO Dimensions (see this video)