Glover Hipworth was born in 1742, somewhere in the British Isles. If he enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he attended the school from around 1753 to 1760, under Headmistress Dilys Derwent.
- "Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students. Her Pepperup potion worked instantly, though it left the drinker smoking at the ears for several hours afterward."
By the 1990s, Hipworth was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card, which pictured him symbolically sneezing, in a reference to his achievement. In the 1993–1994 school year a portrait of him guarded a secret room in the Dungeons, at Hogwarts Castle; the password was Gesundheit (a German phrase, standing for "bless you", in English).
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)