Gladrags Wizardwear is a clothing store that was founded in 1750 and run by Gladrags Wizardwear Group Ltd., with branches in London, Paris and Hogsmeade. It is full of quirky merchandise and appears to specialise in strange and unusual socks.
- " [Harry, Ron and Hermione] went into Gladrags Wizardwear to buy a present for Dobby, where they had fun selecting the most lurid socks they could find, including a pair patterned with flashing gold and silver stars, and another that screamed loudly when they became too smelly."
Behind the scenesEdit
- Gladrags is a slang term for clothing purchased vintage or from a consignment shop.
- Handbags and Gladrags was the name of a 1967 song written by Mike d'Abo, who was at the time the lead singer for Manfred Mann.
- There is a magazine based out of India called Gladrags, which focuses on the modelling industry and the Ms. India contest.
- Gladrags is also the name of a company that specialises in organic cloth feminine products.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned on the Daily Prophet)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and referencesEdit
Baby Witch · Brews and Stews Café · Ceridwen's Cauldrons · Dervish and Banges · Dogweed and Deathcap · Dominic Maestro's · Gladrags Wizardwear · Hog's Head Inn · Honeydukes · J. Pippin's Potions · Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop · The Magic Neep · McBloom & McMuck · McHavelock's Wizarding Headgear · Ollivanders · Pedrus Pridgeon · Rosa Lee Teabag · Scribbulus Writing Implements · Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop · Spintwitches · Three Broomsticks Inn · Tomes and Scrolls · Zonko's Joke Shop
Madam Rosmerta · Aberforth Dumbledore · Madam Puddifoot · Ambrosius Flume · Ambrosius Flume's wife · Dominic Maestro · Unidentified Ollivander's associate · Employee of the Owl Post Office · Archibald Bennett · Three Broomsticks waiter · Horace · J. Pippin · McHavelock · Scrivenshaft · Vladimir Plot · Zonko · Gwendoline Babcocke · Gwendoline Babcocke's mother