At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Gibert P. Bingley was an American No-Maj man who worked as a loan officer at the Steen National Bank branch in New York in the 1920s. He was described as "imposing" and "impeccably suited."
Bingley conducted an in-person review of Jacob Kowalski's application for a loan to open a bakery on 6 December 1926. He summarily rejected the application when it became clear that Kowalski had insufficient income or assets to offer collateral. Shortly thereafter, Bingley wandered down to the basement of the bank and found Jacob standing in front of an opened vault, in which Newt Scamander was trying to recapture his escaped Niffler. Thinking that Jacob was trying to steal the money he needed, Bingley activated the alarm, but was Petrified by Newt, allowing the wizard and his unlikely No-Maj friend to escape.
Two days later, Newt Scamander had Frank the Thunderbird disperse Swooping Evil venom over New York by creating a rainstorm, in order to erase the memories of a recent magical catastrophe from the minds of the city's No-Maj population. At the time, Mr Bingley was taking a shower in the bathroom while his wife brushed her teeth at the sink, the water erasing his memories as it washed over him.
Behind the scenes
- Gilbert Bingley was portrayed by Peter Breitmayer in the film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. In the film's credits, the character is listed as simply "Mr. Bingley," but his full name was given in earlier casting reports.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- LEGO Dimensions
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Photos: 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' background, extras actors listed" from SnitchSeeker.com
- ↑ The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, page 46
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 9
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 11
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 15
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 118
- ↑ IMDb profile of Peter Breitmayer