- "Ma ma ma, ma ma ma, ma ma ma"
- —In the song[src]
The name "Gideon" means "feller" or "hewer" in Hebrew. Gideon was a hero of the Old Testament who led the Israelites against the Midianites. In the English-speaking world, Gideon has been used as a given name since the Protestant Reformation, and it was popular among the Puritans.
Behind the scenes
- Steven Claydon played Gideon Crumb in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. In the film, he plays a keyboard in addition to bagpipes.
- If Gideon attended Hogwarts, then he would have graduated a mere year or less before he played at the Yule Ball; he would have started at Hogwarts in September 1986 or 1987, and thus would have finished in June 1993 or 1994.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
Notes and references