|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
In the past, the giants had around a hundred different tribes located around the world. However, by the end of the twentieth century, only one colony of giants remained, comprised of all the surviving giants and located in a remote mountainous region in Northern Europe (possibly somewhere in the Ural Mountains). By 1995, the tribe's population numbered around eighty, although that number was dwindling due to continued infighting, usually for food, mates, or old grudges remaining between members of previous tribes, but sometimes for even more trivial matters such as better sleeping places near the fireplace or simply for no reason other than to satisfy their lust for violence.
The Gurg of the giants at the time of the Second Wizarding War was Karkus, who was approached by Rubeus Hagrid and Olympe Maxime, acting as representatives of Albus Dumbledore in an attempt to form an alliance. However, that same year Karkus was killed and replaced as Gurg by Golgomath, who allied the remaining giants with Voldemort and the Death Eaters instead. It is unknown what happened to the colony after Voldemort was defeated in 1998.
Known members of the giant colony
- Fridwulfa - deceased
- Golgomath - Gurg
- Grawp - left the colony, currently resides in Scotland
- Karkus - former Gurg, deceased
- Karkus' wife - unknown
- Unidentified Giant (I) - member
- Unidentified Giant (II) - member
- Unidentified Giant (III) - member
- Unidentified Giant (IV) - member
- Unidentified Giant (V) -member
- Group of injured Giants - members
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Indirectly mentioned) (Mentioned as 'the Giants')
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Indirectly mentioned) (Mentioned as 'the Giants')
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
Alecto Carrow | Amycus Carrow | Antonin Dolohov | Augustus Rookwood | Avery (I) | Avery (II) |
Barty Crouch Jr. | Bellatrix Lestrange | Cedric Diggory (third revised timeline) | Crabbe | Evan Rosier | Gibbon | Goyle |
Jugson | Lestrange | Mulciber (I) | Mulciber (II) | Nott | Pyrites (possibly) | Rabastan Lestrange | Rodolphus Lestrange | Rosier | Selwyn | Thorfinn Rowle | Travers | Walden Macnair | Wilkes | Corban Yaxley
|Death Eaters who Defected:|
|Death Eaters' allies:|
Albert Runcorn | Blaise Zabini (movie only)| Borgin | Delphini | Dolores Umbridge | Fenrir Greyback | Golgomath |
Gregory Goyle | John Dawlish | Mafalda Hopkirk | Narcissa Malfoy (defected) | Pansy Parkinson | Quirinus Quirrell | Scabior | Vincent Crabbe
Dementors | Draco Malfoy's gang | Giants (Golgomath's control) | Muggle-Born Registration Commission | Snatchers | Werewolves