At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Mass slaughter for the greater good? I'm not one of Grindelwald's fanatics"
- —Newt Scamander[src]
Gellert Grindelwald's army was an order of wizards and witches that followed the Dark Wizard Gellert Grindelwald in the early twentieth century. They were fanatics dedicated to Grindelwald's ideology and they sought to expose the magical community and provoke a war with Muggles, overturning the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy and eventually forcing the non-magical population into slavery under their motto: "For the Greater Good". While many of the Acolytes were fervent believers in Grindelwald’s mantra of magical supremacy at any cost, most were simply idealistic young witches and wizards who were taken in by the dark wizard's charisma and manipulation.
After a number of years terrorising Europe, Grindelwald was defeated by Albus Dumbledore in 1945. While the army's status at this time is unknown, it can be assumed that the remaining members were hunted down and arrested by wizarding authorities, killed for resisting, or possibly had dissolved into hiding.
- Gellert Grindelwald's inner circle acolytes
- Credence Barebone
- Queenie Goldstein (advisor)
- Acolyte thug
- Unidentified Acolyte
- Gellert Grindelwald’s first guard
- Gellert Grindelwald’s second guard
- Gellert Grindelwald’s third guard
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 65
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
|Gellert Grindelwald's army|
|Acolytes||Carrow | MacDuff | Nagel | Krafft | Krall (deceased) | Abernathy | Vinda Rosier|
|Followers||Aurelius Dumbledore | Queenie Goldstein | Gunnar Grimmson|
|Headquarters||Unidentified home | Nurmengard|