The meaning of the name "Gareth" is unknown. It first appears in this form in Thomas Malory's 15th-century compilation of Arthurian legends Le Morte d'Arthur, in which Gareth was a knight of the Round Table, the brother of Sir Gawain. Malory based the name on Gahariet, which was the name of a similar Arthurian character in French sources. It may ultimately have a Welsh origin, possibly related to gwaredd meaning "gentleness".
Behind the scenes
- This particular student was only featured in the PlayStation 2 version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and the Nintendo DS version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ He was at least in his first year at Hogwarts during the 1993-1994 school year.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PS2 version)