Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop is a shop located in South Side, Diagon Alley. It sells a wide range of joke items and other stuff serving mainly as an entertainment. It is presumably the favourite shop of Fred and George Weasley, and Lee Jordan. It was there that they stocked up on Dr. Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks in 1992. It is run by a man with a white beard and moustache. It was located between Obscurus Books and Twilfit and Tattings.
"To gambol" means to frolic around playfully, while a "jape" is a practical joke.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the store is depicted as being quite large. There is a hallway filled with shelves near the entrance, with a secret room at the end, and a door to left of the counter leading to a room with a magic metre.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references