Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Gilderoy Lockhart explains how he trapped a ghoul using only a tea-strainer."
Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart is one of the books Lockhart assigns to students in his Defence Against the Dark Arts classes.
While getting Lockhart to give her permission to get a book in the Restricted Section, Hermione Granger revealed that there is a mention of slow-acting venom in this book. Lockhart stated that this book was "possibly my very favourite" and Hermione replied that he was very clever in the way he trapped the last one with a tea-strainer.Later that year, Harry expressed his desire to throw his copy of this book at Lockhart's face for his insistence that Rubeus Hagrid was guilty of opening the Chamber of Secrets.
Behind the scenes
- This book is a bit of an odd one out. While the rest of Lockhart's works deal with dangerous creatures, ghouls are only be classified as XX creatures, and normally don't do anything worse than growl at intruders. However, these may have been Chameleon Ghouls, which are known to be more aggressive. Alternatively, this may be another indication on Lockhart's oversight and exaggeration on all the information he provided.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
Notes and references