|GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST|
|Newspaper article information|
|Date of publishing|
GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST was an article published in the Daily Prophet in September of 1991. It reported the break-in and attempted robbery of Vault 713 (at the time containing the Philosopher's Stone) at Gringotts Wizarding Bank, London, on 31 July.
Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31 July, widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown. Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied the same day.
"But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you," said a Gringotts spokesgoblin this afternoon.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the article is, instead, titled "Break-in at Gringotts", with a sub-heading saying "Gringotts' Security Breached". Also, it is significantly larger, and contains more detail than the one featured in the book. It is worded thus:
- Believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist nothing was taken. The vault in question had, in fact, been emptied the very same day. "But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you", said a Gringotts spokesgoblin this afternoon. Gringotts now need to readdress their security system. Goblin security specialists are combing the land for a better breed of security dragon to replace the now deemed useless existing ones. They are even going as far as examining muggle security systems. Gringotts need to get another security system in place before any more breaches occur. Wizards, Witches all over the country are scratching their heads wondering how safe their money is in the so-called safest wizard bank. Head Goblins are urging the wizarding community for calm.
- Also, in the film, Harry does not read about it at Hagrid's Hut, but reads it instead over breakfast at the Great Hall, on the day of his first Flying lesson.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)