The Freezing Spell (Glacius) is a freezing charm that causes air in front of the tip of the wand, to reach cold temperatures in the extreme, which in turn can extinguish fires, create ice blocks from water, and cool off salamanders.
Professor Remus Lupin taught this spell to his third year class by hiding a spellbook somewhere behind a secret passageway in the classroom and having students find and read it. Later on that year, Professor Filius Flitwick included it in the third year exams for charms class.
Behind the scenes
- This charm can be bought at Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment in Diagon Alley in 'LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4.
- During the lessons in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 if the player irritates the Professor he/she will cast Glacius at the player and put him/her into a block of ice.
- In the console version, Glacius is an Hermione-exclusive spell, while in the PC version the spell is Harry-exclusive.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (GBA version only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game) (Nintendo DS only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
|Professors: Filius Flitwick|
|Textbooks: The Standard Book of Spells · Achievements in Charming · Quintessence: A Quest|
|Charmbook writers and charm developers: Miranda Goshawk · Scarpin · Felix Summerbee · Randolph Keitch · Basil Horton · Mnemone Radford · Elliot Smethwyck · Jarleth Hobart · Delfina Crimp · Orabella Nuttley · Levina Monkstanley · Fred Weasley · George Weasley|
|Charms studied at Hogwarts: Levitation Charm · Fire-Making Charm · Softening Charm · Skurge · Aresto Momentum · Cheering Charm · Freezing Spell · Seize and Pull Charm · Summoning Charm · Banishing Charm · Silencing Charm · Mending Charm · Reductor Curse · Colour Change Charm · Growth Charm · Water-Making Spell · Locomotion Charm · Vinegar into Wine · Bird-Conjuring Charm|