At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "...immobilising two pixies at once with a clever Freezing Charm and stuffing them back into their cage"
- —Hermione Granger's use of the charm in her Defence Against the Dark Arts class[src]
|Hermione Granger||Fall 1992||Used this spell on a pair of pixies in her second year after her teacher tried and failed to subdue them using the incantation Peskipiksi Pesternomi.|
|Remus Lupin||6 June, 1994||Used it on the Whomping Willow.|
|Horace Slughorn||1996||Used this charm to freeze the burglar alarms of Muggle houses he stayed in while in hiding from the Death Eaters.|
|Kingsley Shacklebolt||2 May, 1998||This may be the spell he used non-verbally during the Battle of Hogwarts.|
The incantation is derived from Latin immobilis meaning "immobile, unmoving".
Behind the scenes
- Despite the books and video games giving no incantation, the word is shown to be Immobulus in the film.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Hermione freezes all of the pixies at the same time instead of just two.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter used it to liberate himself from some attacking Grindylows on 24 February, 1995 during the second task; in the book, he used the Revulsion Jinx.
- In Harry Potter for Kinect Harry and Voldemort can use this spell against each other during the final battle during Voldemort's Last Stand as they engage in a normal duel.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC version), Immobulus is misspelled "Immobilus" when it is unlocked.
- Molly Weasley probably used this charm in the Battle of Hogwarts to paralyse Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Consoles and Windows versions only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 (see this image)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Treat: we're giving you a spellbinding Pottermore Treat" on the Pottermore Insider
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Farewell My Prefect"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
|Grade 1 · Grade 2 · Grade 3 · Grade 4 · Grade 5 · Grade 6 · Grade 7|
|Charms included in the series: Fire-Making Spell · Levitation Charm · Locking Spell · Mending Charm · Softening Charm · Severing Charm · Unlocking Charm · Dancing Feet Spell · Disarming Charm · Engorgement Charm · Freezing Charm · General Counter-Spell · Memory Charm · Tickling Charm · Summoning Charm · Banishing Charm · Substantive Charm|