At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Newt found and rescued Frank from illegal trafficking in Egypt and, though one of his legs bore the wounds of being chained, his gratitude to Newt was "evident" and Scamander went to the United States of America in 1926 in an attempt to return Frank to the arid climate of Arizona, the natural habitat of Thunderbirds. Newt described him as a majestic, powerful, and regal creature, but a wee-bit sensitive to strangers.
After the battle against Credence Barebone and Gellert Grindelwald, Newt gave Frank a vial of Swooping Evil venom, which the latter diluted through a storm he conjured to wipe New York of the memories of the devastation.
Frank managed to return to Arizona after being released.
Behind the scenes
- At the end of the film inspired by Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Frank is seen leaving New York flying towards the sun. As the sun was coming up at the time, this means Frank was flying eastwards, which is the wrong way to get to Arizona.
- However he could have made a U-turn.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Daydream VR)
- LEGO Dimensions
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "'Fantastic Beasts': Meet the Creatures" at Entertainment Weekly
- ↑ Inside the Magic: The Making of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - direct quote: "After rescuing a Thunderbird from traffickers in Egypt, Newt named him Frank and promised to return him to his natural habitat in Arizona. Sadly, one of Frank’s legs bears the wounds of having been chained, but his gratitude to Newt for having rescued him is evident." in the Thunderbird section.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Daydream VR) - Google Daydream VR: Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them Gameplay / Hands-On
- ↑ 21 November 2016 tweet by J. K. Rowling (@jk_rowling)