This spell was found by Hermione Granger for use by Harry Potter (whether she invented it or merely found it through research is unclear). Harry used this spell on a number of occasions, however mostly during the Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament, which involved finding his way through a dangerous hedge maze, without getting lost on his way.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, the Four-Point spell serves as a play aid, directing the player to the next objective by means of a blue streak of light.
- The Four-Point Spell's incantation, Point Me, is one of the few known incantations to be in modern English, rather than Latin or another ancient language.
- Given that the incantation is English, combined with the fact that none of the other champions used it and there is no recorded use of the spell other than Harry's, it is likely Hermione did invent this spell.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Non-canonical appearance)