|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This individual (fl. 1997) was a wizard and a Snatcher during the height of the Second Wizarding War. According to Ronald Weasley, this individual smelt badly either meaning he had poor personal hygiene and/or that he had troll ancestry.
This was born sometime in or before 1980, most likely to a Pure or Half-blood family, somewhere in the British Isles. He might have troll ancestry, as noted by Ronald Weasley in 1997. He most likely acquired his wand prior to his magical education. After the Death Eater coup over the Ministry of Magic, he joined a Snatcher chapter.
As a SnatcherEdit
- "Anyway, they had a row about whether I was Stan or not. It was a bit pathetic to be honest, but there were still five of them and only one of me, and they'd taken my wand. Then two of them got into a fight and while the others were distracted I managed to hit the one holding me in the stomach, grabbed his wand, Disarmed the bloke holding mine, and Disapparated. I didn't do it so well. Splinched myself again and I came out miles from where you were. By the time I got back to that bit of riverbank where we'd been… you were gone."
- —Ronald Weasley tells Harry Potter and Hermione Granger of his encounter with Snatchers.[src]
In December, 1997, this Snatcher's gang caught Ronald Weasley, who had abandoned Harry Potter and Hermione Granger during their quest to destroy Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes. After telling them he was Stan Shunpike, Ron managed to distract them enough so that he took back his wand, as well as this individual's and Disapparated from the place.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 He must have been of age (17) by 1997, as Hogwarts attendance was made mandatory during the Death Eaters' rule.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Given that this individual was not tried by the Muggle-Born Registration Commission and sent to Azkaban, he was most likely Pure or Half-blood. Besides, the Snatchers focused on catching Muggle-borns on the run from the Ministry.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 19 (The Silver Doe)