I have tried to leave a few of these on various places on the HPW site for some help, but an getting no where. I can't seem to figure out how to add pictures to pages. I have for example, a great pic of Fang for his page, but can't seem to get it where it needs to be. I would really like someone to take the time to walk me through the steps (so that a 2yr old could understand step by step) so that I can do this very simple task. I come on this site with my newphews. We are making a Harry Potter game for our family game night, and we LOVE THIS SITE.........it's awesome. Oh, and I don't know what you mean by "Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes Savail Mailleny 19:44, 15 March 2008 (UTC) -->"
- Okay - image editing -
- Upload the image using the Upload image/file tab in the sidebar. Please remember to add a brief description of the image uploaded, and the source of the picture if possible.
- To include the image in an article, click the "Edit" tab at the top of the relevant article.
- Find the appropriate place to put the image in the article. Where you place the image in the text is where the image will appear in the article.
- Type [[Image:FILENAME.FILEFORMAT]] to produce the image. FILENAME = the name of the image you uploaded, e.g. Fang, or Potterpic. FILEFORMAT = the type of file, e.g. jpg, gif, png, etc. So, if you uploaded the image Fang.jpg, then you would type [[Image:Fang.jpg]].
- Extra effects can be added to the image by adding extra tags. [[Image:Fang.jpg|250px]] will increase the size of the image. The number before the px can be adjusted to increase or decrease the size of the image.
- Typing [[Image:Fang.jpg|thumb]] produces a thumbnail of the image.
- Typing [[Image:Fang.jpg|thumb|Write a relevant captain here]] produces a thumbnail with a piece of text underneath.
- Typing [[image:Fang.jpg|right]] moves the image to the right of the article.
- Typing [[Image:Fang.jpg|left]] moves the image to the left of the article.
- The effects can be combined - [[Image:Fang.jpg|thumb|right|250px|Fang, Hagrid's pet]] will produce this ->
This Wikipedia page (click the link) covers it as well, along with some nifty visual guides.
As for using the four tildes ... typing ~~~~ will produce an automatic signature that contains your user name, and the time and date of your edit. Signatures are generally required for all edits on forum and talk pages. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 20:50, 15 March 2008 (UTC)