The Askaban Convict one doesn't sound too bad but I'm not sure about the Reporter. There aren't too many reporters, I don't think it's worth all the work. QuidditchLover(My talk)(contribs) 06:13, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
Yes to the first, no to the second. The first, however should be called just "convict individual infobox" as there are other prisons beside Azkaban. Jayden Matthews 08:14, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
I agree with a convict infobox, but not with the reportzer one.--Rodolphus 08:17, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with both, although the first should be only "convict individual". I also agree on the creation of the second, since we have plenty articles about Journalists (see). I also wonder if we should have an infobox to ghosts, since ghosts are not beings like the others, but simply "has-beens". -- 12:59, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
I'd support a ghost infobox, but I don't think we should start making infoboxes for certain jobs. otherwise we'll end up with a barman infobox and a bus driver infobox. Jayden Matthews 14:43, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
- Hmmm. I reckon a DP individual infobox would be the better choice. I can start making the infoboxes, but what colours should they have? -- 16:18, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
- I think a convict infobox would be redundant. Most of the people in Category:Convicts and its subcategories are Death Eaters, and, of those who are left, most are innocent people wrongfully convicted, political prisoners, and petty criminals — none of whom really warrant the label of "convict." ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 17:54, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
I don´t support a Reporter infobox, but I´d suggest something including it.
What about a "writer infobox"?
It would include everyone: from Rita Skeeter (reporter) to Xeno Lovegood (editor) and Newt Scamander (author)--Rodolphus 13:40, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
That's a good idea. It will also involve reporters. We do need a convict one for people like Umbridge, Mrs Crouch, Grindelwald, Malfoy Sr. It's just petty to say made redundant. Also we need a D.A. infobox. Come on someone make up these infoboxes. WE WANT THEM! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs).
- Making infoboxes for individual jobs is not really a good idea as it could lead to even more arguments about which character has which infobox. Take Harry Potter for example. Should he have the Gryffindor or MoM infobox? Policy says MoM as it was his last affiliation. All well and good. Now, what if he add one for Aurors? Surely he would have that one, but Auror should come under MoM. Then others would feel that he would need a DA one if one were to be created. Just look at the argument and edit warring that occurred on the Lucius Malfoy page for example. What's next? A Weasley family infobox? Infoboxes are generally related to a characters affiliation, not their job. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 14:20, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
To Cavalier One: DONT BE NEGATIVE. I think that DA infobox is a great idea because it is only for those whose recent affiliation was DA!! I am behind it 117%. If you wanna be negative don't be an administrator. To DP infobox: That is a wicked idea and I am behind 120%. The colour could be black or purple. To Convict infobox: Brilliant! It is for people like Malfoy, Grindelwald, Mrs Crouch, Umbridge etc. Not people who are Deatheaters before they died. Barty Crouch Jr would be one since he was a convict after DE. Grindelwald would be one cause he was a convict after DW. To ghost infobox: OK. I don't really care but its good I support it. 70% —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs).
An overview of my opinions:
- Convict: Agreed
- DA: No. Except for Alice Tolipan and Luca Carruse, we know every character´s House, and I feel it fits them most.
- Ghost: Possibly, but most ghosts we know are House ghosts.
- Daily Prophet: No, but I´d support a writer one.
Administrors are allowed to disagree if the want.--Rodolphus 17:00, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Please don't take constructive criticism personally. When I said I thought a convict infobox would be redundant, I didn't intend to suggest it was a bad idea, only that the function the convict infobox would serve is already covered by existing infoboxes. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 18:48, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
My understanding is that the convict individual infobox would apply only to those who either died in prison (like Grindlewald), or those who are currently incarcerated (like Umbridge). That being said, I agree with Startstuff that the infobox would not apply to enough characters to be worthwhile. I support the DA, Daily Prophet and Ghost infoboxes however. Jayden Matthews 10:06, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- I've created a Daily Prophet individual infobox but I'm not to happy with the colouring, though. Maybe someone should tweak that. -- 19:24, November 8, 2009 (UTC)