Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
... i'm just wondering: where in the fourth book (Harry potter and the goblet of fire) did dumbledore mention the room of requirement...? i'm re-reading all of my HP books, and i'm now in the fifth book, and Harry said something in there that says Dumbledore kind of mentioned the Room of Requirement... i can't seem to find it in the goblet of fire, though.... can someone answer this please... because it's puzzling me for days now.... (call me crazy, haha) :-D
Dumbledore mentioned it at the Yule Ball while eating his diner. He said somthing along }}the lines like "I had full blader and couldnt finde a restroom, then I found a room full of chamber pots." ---Monte---
oh... ok.... hahaha! i now remember.. thanks so much, Monte.. :-) good day! :-)
- It is funny because I own a book that speculates things about "future" books (this was just before the fifth was written) and here is a quote from it:
- "In an interview... JKR mentioned a room at HOgwarts which has special powers. All we know is that it is one of the rooms from Book 4...
- "How to analyze J.K.R. hint: Make NO assumptions and think creatively. A room from Book 4 does not mean anyone actually entered the room... (We don't count Dumbledore's "disappearing room" joke.) ... Here's a quick list:
- Astronomy tower
- Great Hall"
- And it goes right on down to the Trophy Room. Funny thing is, the one they excluded (after that MAKE NO ASSUMPTIONS warning) is actually the one that was of importance. It is funny to look back on and the authors are probably kicking themselves in the butt. The book is called "Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter (Analysis of Books 1-4)" Lengthy enough, no? Hope someone else enjoys the humor in this. 220.127.116.11 07:13, July 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Posted by Stacey Messini
- something confuses me and maybe its just a mistake but....how come in the 5th movie Umbridge can blow up the wall and enter the Room of Requirement but then in the 6th film/book they state that it is impossible to enter by blowing it up that way.....ive hought of perhaps the writers not knowing of the information but thats impossible too because at that time all of the books had been published.....so was it just a mistake or is there some mysterious rule that allows somebody to enter by blowing up the wall?
- In film 5, Umbridge knows what they are using the room for (Cho Chang had told her before), and because of that, he can open the door. However, that is not considered canon, as in the book Marietta betrayed the DA, and she didn't use "Bombarda Maxima" on the door. --The Evening Prophet (Owl Post) 11:33, August 24, 2011 (UTC)
- If I remember correctly, it's at the Yule Ball feast on Christmas day. -- 06:35, October 31, 2014 (UTC)