There are several wands in the films that aren´t described in the books. They are for sale. Couldn´t we write article´s for them in the wands category, add the non-nanon tag and upload pictures?--Rodolphus 17:52, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Just because they are from the films does not mean they are non-canon - unless it specifically contradicts the books, then it is eligible. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 18:02, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Okay. I´ll write a list of the wands now , with links to pictures, but I don´t think that my English is good enough to write the articles.
- the Fred and George Weasley's wands: http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=NN7495&catid=21
All links lead to the noble collection.
There are some wands that are shown in films but not for sale, for example the Patil twins wands, shown on this picture.
--Rodolphus 18:35, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
I don´t want to press anyone to write, but, could anyone please begin to write? As said above, my English is not good enough.--Rodolphus 09:58, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- I'm in favour of having articles for some of these wands, but I don't know if we should have articles for all of them. If we have no information about the wand, only an image, then is there any point? For instance, in an article about Snape's wand, we could mention that Voldemort believed Snape to be the master of the Elder Wand since he killed Dumbledore. But what is there to say about Cho's wand, for instance? Oread (talk) 01:52, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
- couple more links;
Alastor Moody's Wand: http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=NN7270&catid=21 Darth Jadious 10:38, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
We could write about:
- How the wand looks like.
- Add the new wand infobox.
- the point when the person likely received it.
- Upload an image
In the case of Sirius, we can write about the unknown origin of it in "Behind the Scenes", as he likely didn´t have it in Azkaban.--Rodolphus 12:35, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
We must be carefull not to add speculation though. The article on Tom Riddle's wand contains a lot of it. Like saying that he goes to Diagon Alley the same day he met Dumbledore, and that he tried many wands before finding his. As far as I'm aware these things are made up and shouldn't go in the article. Jayce Carver Talk 12:40, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- I have managed to create most of the wands:
- Sirius Black's wand
- Remus Lupin's wand
- Cho Chang's wand
- Alastor Moody's Wand
- Fred and George Weasley's wands
- Ginny Weasley's wand
- Padma and Parvati Patil's wands
Pomona Sprout´s wand is shown here:
--Rodolphus 12:33, 15 May 2009 (UTC)