Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Could we have a Minister for Magic election? That's the idea I had while seeing the USA Presidential results yesterday. Basicly it would be a tribute to awesome users, elected by all the registed users. What do you think? -- Seth Cooper Owl Post 20:16, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Not a bad idea. As long as the position is purely cermonial. It's not a good thing to put a single user in charge of an entire wiki, as it undermines the community aspect. Jayce Carver Talk 20:21, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good idea. Purely ceremonial is definately the way to go. Go ahead and nominate below... (but keep the discussion above the nomination section please). --
22:11, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Also, when you nominate someone, leave a note on their talk page explaining that they have been nominated and asking them to accept or decline the nomination. Thanks! -- 22:13, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
I'm thinking that the Minister position could actually be more than just ceremonial. I'm not suggesting that it should give special powers, but more of a loose set of responsibilities, like guiding new users, resolving disputes, and helping to motivate greater involvement in community projects. Thoughts? ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 00:12, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hm, thats a great thought. I like that idea. Those 3 ideas sound good to me. --
00:22, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- I set up deadlines for the nomination and voting periods. -- 01:57, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- What about the rule against self-voting that we had during the admin election? We could also allow the Minister to appoint a "cabinet," by giving out special awards, which would be based on the Ministry departments. A Head of the Auror Office award could be given to the best vandal fighter for instance. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 03:18, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Definately no voting for yourself, and the head of departments sound like a great idea. -- 12:25, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- I totally agree. How many of you all think of these positions...
- Minister for Magic, Deputy Ministers for Magic (at least 4) (these 5 would be like editors in chief; term would maybe last 6 months) - Senior Under-Secretary, and Junior Under-Secretary (these two would have elections every 4 months) - Head of the Auror Department, Deputy Head of the Auror Department (at least 2;elections would be held every 5 months) - Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, Deputy Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot (at least 2; these people would be in charge of The Wizengamot Forum, and would have elections every 4 months)
These are just what I thought of. We could maybe post a constitution and by-laws, and have them sign it with their signatures. Gryff23 02:13, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
- So.... How it will be? I agree with Gryff23 in pretty much everything. Starstuff will be the Minister, and what about the other posts? -- Seth Cooper Owl Post 23:57, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
Whoa, I completely forgot about this. Congratulations to Starstuff. Now that the election is over (and has been for a while now), we need to formally decide what the minister's responsibilities/job will be.--Matoro183 (Talk) 02:58, 26 January 2009 (UTC)