Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I haven´t seen the film for some time. When Fred and George give the map to Harry, are there any names of characters on it that were not mentioned in the book ? --Rodolphus 15:00, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
I would presume that there would be names of characters not mentioned in the books because that map tells what the people inside and on the grounds of Hogwarts are doing and not all of the students that attend Hogwarts are mentioned in the book. Hogwarts is a big school so of course not everyone could be mentioned in the book unless JK wanted to write a book the size of all of her books combined.Still Learning 12:08, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
We could upload images and write articles on those.--Rodolphus 12:10, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
Sure, give it a go.Still Learning 17:24, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
- I watched it and the little pieces of parchment are too small to read. All but one: the only one I could read sayed "NEWT SCAMANDER" -- 16:01, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Newt Scamander? Why would he go to Hogwarts in Harry´s third year? Can you upload an image for "Behind the Scenes"? --Rodolphus 17:06, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Here it is:
- -- 17:12, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
Can anyone identify the other name shown under Scamander? The first letter looks like "C" to me. Creevey perhaps?--Rodolphus 17:47, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- Keeping in spirit of the story, maybe the Map only shows the locations of people Harry wants to see or is thinking about, otherwise with 1000 people in the castle during the school year, he wouldn't be able to make out individual names too well.Mandy ca 11:10, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
- Nope, I remember reading in HBP that Harry and Ron had to LOOK FOR Malfoy on the Map, and eventually found him in the Slytherin Dungeon. -- 11:32, 24 August 2009 (UTC)
Plus Harry saw Peter Pettigrew on the map in Harry's third year he and wasn't exactly thinking of Pettigrew as he was believed to be dead.Still Learning 11:41, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
i've just recently re-read the first harry potter, and it said in his school supplies, 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander' but then Newt Scamander is on the list..that doesn't make much sense...StevieLouise 15:45, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- I watched the scene in PoA where the Weasley twins give the Map to Harry on Blu-Ray. Many of the names are repeated, up to three times in some cases, but most of them were too small or were written in too scrawly a font to be read clearly.
- Mordicus Egg — very clear
- Bagshot — first name too small, but presumably Bathilda
- Lana/Lara Blishen — clear with exception of n/r in first name
- Alistaiko/Alistaixo Ballcocke — first name unclear, last name very clear
- Lufima/Lutima Creasenworthy — both names hard to read due to scrawly font
- Theopholos — first name clear, last name too small
- Almeda Peidus — first name clear, last name unclear due to crease in map
- Amberose/Ambrose Snoff — both names hard to read due to scrawly font
- I'm not sure that any of these are clear enough to base articles off. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 13:06, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I've found Mordicus Egg!
- I still couldn't make out the others. By the way, are you sure that fellow's surname is Peidus? In portuguese Peidos means farts. Lol. I'd sue my ancestors if that was my surname. xD -- 22:50, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Haha very interesting find Seth :P --Profiteor 01:03, 1 September 2009 (UTC)