The "Did You Know?" for the main page has not been updated since early July. Whether this is because of lack of attention or lack of valuable suggestions, there doesn't seem to be much point in having a suggestions section for the feaure if the feature isn't updated. I suppose it's possible that as most of us registered users end up directly on the recently editing history when entering the wiki, the main page doesn't get quite so much attention. Still, it would be nice to see something new in that section every once in a while. Possible solutions:
- More of us could vote on suggestions that have already been posted and try to find some more worthy candidates (I might do just this myself, later.)
- Have a drive from experienced user for more suggestions that would be of interest to readers.
- An admin could, at their discretion, look over what's already been posted and implement some suggestions that seem worthy, regardless of voting.
- Last-ditch resort - remove the feature entirely if regular updates won't be made. ProfessorTofty 05:49, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Related to this, we were apparently supposed to return to the regular Featured Article queue on 1 August. It is currently December. -- 1337star (Owl Post) 06:29, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
We just need to put the top 5 voted DYKs up every month and delete them of the page, the page has been cleaned so isn't so intimidating now so people can actually vote as theres clear sections.18:07, January 10, 2012 (UTC)