Anyone who's reading this that gets notifications may have already read about this, but Wikia is making some major changes starting on October 3 and perhaps the most major of these is that the expanded wiki navigation, formerly an optional/beta feature, is now going into effect for all wikis. Currently we are using the standard navigation, which means we may want to start considering what to place in the expanded navigation once it goes live, or just enable it now and get it all handled before we force-switched to it. I currently have the expanded navigation enabled over at Eternal Sonata Wiki, a wiki I manage, and I quite like it. For those that aren't familiar with it, it may be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the basic look and feel of it, because it is coming. ProfessorTofty (talk) 23:15, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Hm... I have not received notifications from Wikia, and hence will not have read about it, but I am quite interested in this. I think it would be better to enable it now and start playing with it before we get forced into it, then when we do have no choice but to go with it we will be ready. Is there any way for me to "familiarize" myself with it now? Hunnie Bunn (talk) 23:31, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Probably the best thing to do would just be to convert the current setup as closely as possible into the expanded navigation now, so it's all ready for tomorrow, and then discuss what changes we want to make to what's listed there (if any). That way we have more than >24 hours to decide. -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 19:33, October 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I've just enabled the new expanded wiki navegation (I think I preferred the old look - it kept the upper section of pages a bit simpler; aesthetics, I don't know). Either way, there you have it.
- By the way, sorry for not having responded earlier: I was aware of the layout changes, but I did not notice this forum sooner. --
23:29, October 2, 2012 (UTC)
- No biggie. Anyway, I'm only seeing the first two books under Books and the first two movies under Movies. Perhaps we could do a nested levels thing like I have on the Eternal Sonata Wiki and maybe get some of the supplementary books in there too? That way we could still have all the main books and films on the menu, plus additional stuff. We might want to do something similar for characters - perhaps we could have Order of the Phoenix, Death Eaters, Main characters, etc., and each of those would be a menu. ProfessorTofty (talk) 23:33, October 2, 2012 (UTC)