I had an idea that I thought I should run by you all. Ok, for the infobox images, we replace the regular fonts with a Potter-like fonts...like maybe what is used in the films, particularly "Deathly Hallows". For an example of what I am proposing, look at my name as it appears on the infobox of my userpage.
The only difference will be this: someone who is experienced with the "cutting-background" tech must do this. Otherwise, you would have to change the color to its appropriate background(like I did with my signature image). Just a fair warning to those who think this a good idea. ;)
As a way of making this Wiki more unique and magical, I strongly urge you all to go with this plan...but it's your choice folks, so I will accept any answer. --Black Pearl, HMS Interceptor, Queen Anne's Revenge 02:14, October 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Could you provide a sample of how this would look with Harry Potter style font? I've seen the ones on the Pirates of the Caribbean Wiki and, to be honest, I don't think they look very good. for one thing they make the name field of the infobox unnecessarily large, and the text can be hard to read. Generally speaking I think this is the sort of thing we should steer clear of. Simple things should be kept simple, in my opinion. Jayden Matthews 11:13, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Just to point out, I am currently trying to fix the font seen in POTC Wiki, as I kinda believe they don't look as good as well...but I don't think that matter needs to be discussed here, unless if necessary.
- But to the matter of this Wiki. By the "Harry Potter font", I assume you mean like the font seen on the "Wiki-workmark", right? If so, let me just say that I think THAT wouldn't look very good. I'm sorry to say that I can't provide a preview with that font, as I said I'm not too deep in the tech world(I barely got my sig here without it looking bad, lol). But I think it is for the better...because that would be the mistake that I did with using the "pirate font" in POTC Wiki.
- However, if we used the font as seen in the HP film subtitles(DH in particular), it wouldn't look as bad IMO. The only downside is that the "name field of the infobox" issue. This isn't a font where you can type anything, it is an image of a word(sounds bad, but true). Though I will say that if we were to use the HP font, the infoboxes would be enormous. Whereas if we used the font I'm suggesting, it wouldn't be too bad. Then again the font images could be resized...as you can tell from the Wiki code of my sig on my userpage:
- |name =[[File:CJSFan_Sig.png|125px|link=]]
- The only thing I can provide, as I couldn't provide said requested preview, if needed for this or anything else is the website where I got the font from. I didn't download it as I don't know how to work such things, but I did use the preview bit, which you can see in that site. The way I see it, if this font was used for the names in the infoboxes, it wouldn't look too bad compared to using the HP font.
- (Many apologies for the long post, but had to get the details) --Black Pearl, HMS Interceptor, Queen Anne's Revenge 16:45, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
Ok, just so everyone will know, I did fix most of the fonts at POTC Wiki so they'd be a better example of how the Wiki fonts work. Though the best example I can provide for the "Harry Potter font" image is on my signature and/or on my userpage. Just so it helps you all see what I mean by this idea. --Black Pearl, HMS Interceptor, Queen Anne's Revenge 20:13, October 18, 2011 (UTC)