Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Okay, I am completely serious, right now. It's a world of Wizards. They have flying brooms, flying horses, flying cars, floo powder yet they take a steam train to Hogwarts. WHY?? LilyG 04:18, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Interesting... I never thought of that. But I think in a large part, it's all a problem of organization. Imagine every student in Hogwarts turning up in fireplaces in roughly all the same time. It would be chaotic. As for brooms, horses, and cars, there is a chance that muggles would notice them. A disillusionment charm may have taken care of it, but then, hundreds of shimmering shapes around a certain area would attract attention from muggles. Besides, not everyone can ride brooms. Also, flying objects would be a problem with the protection around Hogwarts. In the 6th book, (just before the battle of the lightning-struck tower), as Harry and Dumbledore approach Hogwarts on brooms, Harry notes his broom shuddering as Dumbledore rapidly undid all the protective charms. So, nobody would've been able to approach Hogwarts through the air. I hope that helps. QuidditchLover(My talk)(contribs) 07:00, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Some relevant essays from the HP Lexicon:
- Why Do All the Kids Have to Go to King's Cross?
- How Does a Scarlet Stream Train Travel the Length of Britain Without Being Seen?
- What Came Before the Hogwarts Express?
- Nick O'Demus 13:06, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Great answer, i must say !!!!!!! Anyway i think u covered all the main points....--188.8.131.52 16:11, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
Yea....u gave this alot of thought..--Beautiful altar 12:03, October 22, 2009 (UTC)
I think it's because of the Muggles, maybe the train has some strong Muggle charm on it that makes the train invisible. Flying witches and students on brooms are easily spotted by Muggles.
This is my theory :-) --OLiViA 20:04, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
Good...but sadly...this is everyones theory !!!!--Beautiful altar 05:47, October 24, 2009 (UTC)