Hi everyone! I'm new here and have only recently discovered the joy of Harry Potter (ok...so I'm 10 years behind the times...sorry!)
I'm trying to figure out Harry's Horcrux status. Didn't all the Horcruxes have to be destroyed before Voldemort could be killed? If so, how did Harry survive? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by HedwigRules (talk • contribs).
Thanks very much for any help!
220.127.116.11 18:17, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Normally, yes. However, my understanding of it from what Dumbledore said is that whatever Voldemort did when he hit Harry with the Killing Curse was such that it made it so that Harry was no longer a Horcrux. As for why Harry survived, that apparently has to do with how Voldemort bound them together through blood. But we don't have to just take Dumbledore's word for it that Harry was no longer a Horcrux - the fact that he no longer felt pain in his scar when Voldemort was around and that he could no longer speak parseltongue also proved that. ProfessorTofty 18:04, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you! That makes absolute sense (although I have not yet read the part in which Harry no longer speaks Parseltongue. That's ok. Any relief Harry finds from Voldemort is good with me!)
- 18.104.22.168 18:17, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- If you read J.K. Rowling's blog, she says that Voldemort killed only the part of his(Voldemort's) soul that was inside of Harry. In limbo, the baby-like creature underneath the bench at Kings Cross Station was the part of Voldemort's soul that was in Harry. So simply, the only thing that Voldemort killed was his own soul. The rest of Harry's body was just temporarily shocked. So(haha) looks like the joke's on Voldemort! DahSmartzCutie 03:08, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you think Voldemort killed the part of his soul, inside Harry, because he did not want Harry to be able to see his activities or did I miss something critical? (would be typical of me. :)!!!)
- HedwigRules 18:19, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
He did it unintentionally because he did not know. He wanted to kill Harry.
13:13, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
You would have thought that Voldemort would have fully educated himself on Horcruxes before involving himself with them. Must be tough to be responsible for the death of your own piece of soul. Bad move. :)
HedwigRules 16:44, February 17, 2012 (UTC)