Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If you are unaware, special editions of the Harry Potter books are being released in the UK on 1 September containing, among other things, excerpts from Pottermore. Preview images of these editions are already cirulating around the web. Obviously, there should be some sort of consistent formatting in articles indicating when something is only mentioned in these new editions using the comment template, but I'm having difficulty thinking of a wording that doesn't sound awkward. Any ideas? -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 19:28, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- "Mentioned in 2014 Bloomsbury edition", "Seen in John Duddle edition"? Should we make a new page for these specifically and link to the page in the comment, like "Seen in [[Whatever we're going to call the page]]"?
- On an unrelated note, am I missing something on Draco Malfoy's Pottermore bio and on the Uagadou school, or are the Bloomsbury books ahead of Pottermore users in terms of new content? --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 19:51, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- They are ahead as far as I can tell. The official publication date for these editions is 1 September. Maybe we'll get an update about wizarding schools between now and then? Or perhaps the information comes from Book of Potions, which is a Pottermore product. -- 1337star (Drop me a line!) 19:57, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the speedy response. I read a blog post somewhere that they contacted Rowling directly and that she provided information that (apparently) won't be seen on Pottermore until Hallows (the blog was unofficial and listed no source, so it's dubious).
- As for the comments in our articles, I don't really think my suggestions were all too concrete either. Does anyone have any better idea? --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 20:04, August 21, 2014 (UTC)
- The only new content in the editions is the fact on Uagadou School's Dream Messengers. On another note, is there any video that shows the part in Wonderbook Book of Potions where Koldovstoretz (or whatever it is really) and Uagadou are mentioned? Thanks. Flabshoe1 (talk) 21:27, August 21, 2014 (UTC)