Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I saw the family trees of the Black Family and searched the Wiki for other trees but there are none. On the wikipedia site you can find several, I think there should be some added to make it more visual how the families are related. I don't know how to do it, so I ask for someone who could do it ;-) thanks 220.127.116.11 19:32, 23 December 2007 (UTC)
- But we do have one - House of Black. Mafalda Hopkirk 04:59, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
I think their should be a tree which combines the black, weasley and potter/peveral/riddle trees which would be massive but really cool.Me_Potter_Fan 10:11, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
I reckon that a huge family tree would be cool, but we should extend the Longbottom line to include the number of generations before Neville. the tree could say for eg. 3 gens.(generations) of Longbottoms, then it lists Neville and Hannah Abbott
- Not to mention, all of the interbreeding of Blacks and purebloods, and the Gaunts family as well, would be an interesting, if not slightly disgusting, sight. Dom829 02:05, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- So... do we have someone willing to CREATE one of these family trees? There are some awfully knowledgeable people on this site. Who's going to step up and accept the challenge? Huffleclaw 17:58, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
There is a family tree for Molly and Arthur and their descendants on JKRowling's website (jkrowling.com) click on the accessibility enabled version, then the eraser, then make sure that the time turner reads 29-12-07 and the time turner to return to that date. The door will then open and inside there is a piece of paper. Click on it to see the family tree of Molly and Arthur, all their descendants, as well as the families of Luna and Draco. Min Ruminari 04:53, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- There are a bunch of family trees on different family pages, i.e. Potter family or Weasley family. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 21:55, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
- It would be awesome though to have a universal family tree. I mean think about it, the Blacks are nearly related to everyone (Prewetts, Weasleys, Potters, Longbottoms, Malfoys, even the Yaxleys). You can even connect Remus Lupin onto there too, since Nymphadora had gotten married. I think the family tree should be like bubbles, that would then connect to other families through the marriages and generations. It would be a very interesting visual representation. Dom829 01:40, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- In case I wasn't quite clear with what I was saying about the family bubbles. I mean, you could have a circle for every family whose members aren't quite clear, like the Potters decending from Peverells. You would still have the traditional family tree for the Blacks and the Weasleys where you know exactly how who is related to whom, but for more obscure relations you could use a bubble to indicate an entire family tree missing. For example I made a quick sketch with Paint:
- As you can see, you'd have the whole Black tree, then it'd connect normally to Dorea and Charlus. Charlus and James relation is unknown (father/son, brothers, uncle/nephew, cousins, who knows?) so the Potter family is labeled with a bubble and connects them all the way to Harry (and his family could be added to the Weasleys if someone had the time. Then, the Potter family is connected to the Peverell family, but it is unknown HOW, so I just made another bubble (if you wanted more detail you could include the Peverell brothers) which then connects to the Gaunts and eventually Tom Riddle. Also Slytherin is an ancestor there, but it is unknown the exact lineage. Also note how footnotes could be used to indicate Muggle families, in contrast to pure-blood ones.
- So you see, a universal family tree isn't impossible. Here's my quick sketch, but remember it is just a sketch. With a LOT more time, I could fill in every single wizard, with the help of others too, and have details such as birth dates and etc fit in. But this is just a little doodle if you will. I am sure someone out there who is very artistic could make something really appealing to the eye whilst accurate and showing different generations and marriages, etc. Well, what do you think? Does any one want to tackle the idea of a Universal Family Tree? Dom829 02:00, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well, there's this one here, although personally I think it looks a bit cluttered. - Nick O'Demus 10:39, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
As you can see, I didn't finish the links to the Peverell or Potter families yet but this is just an idea of how I would do it. And on the left hand side it is getting a little cluttered, I didn't even have time to finish Sirius and Bellatrix's side of the family tree... Well, to say the least, if you don't want interesecting lines, there is really no solution but to have part of the tree say, see the Potter family for more details or whatever. Well, that's how'd I do it, at least. The problem is, the thing is huge! Would barely even fit on a widescreen monitor, so let alone, there's a lot of scrolling. Oh, well, I guess this is an unaccomplishable task? Dom829 02:41, 11 August 2009 (UTC)