Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Did Severus Snape know the ring was a horcrux when he saved Dumbledore from the curse? The Deathly Hallows book mentions that even Mr. Borgin (co-owner of Borgin & Burke) could recognize a horcrux. So, if Mr. Borgin could recognize an object as horcrux, then I guess there is some magical way to test an object for whether it stores the fragment of somebody's soul. If he could do it, then so could a smart man like Snape who seemed adept at recognizing dark magic objects.
If Snape knew the ring was a horcrux, then he could have deduced that other objects were (e.g. - the diary), and that Ron, Harry, and Hermione were hunting for them. Also, Dumbledore should have know somebody like Snape would soon determine the ring was a horcrux and from there learn the Dark Lord's secrets. Did Dumbledore ever tell Snape, "I'm hunting for horcruxes."?
- Nothing from JKR, so I do not think that Snape knew about the Horcruxes. Also, please sign your posts. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 03:31, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
- If you remember, in the Deathly Hallows, Snape mentions that Dumbledore never told him anything about the meetings he and Harry had in sixth year, so he didn't know. He might have had suspicions, but nothing was set in stone.
- I believe he did know that the ring was a Horcrux, because, if you remember in Snape's memory, he was saying how foolish Dumbledore was for putting on the ring and that if he had come to Snape faster, Snaps could have helped him.
- However, no. Snape did not know about the meetings.
- Well, he knew that anything associated with Voldemort would be cursed. He did not know about the Horcruxes. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 01:49, September 23, 2010 (UTC)
- No snape did not know that the ring was a horcrux. Voldemort hadnt even told bellatrix, who adored him, that he had put a horcrux in her Gringotts vault, let alone Snape. Although Snape may hgave known it was a horcrux he could not find out who it belonged to.-18.104.22.168 18:06, September 30, 2010 (UTC)