Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I was surfing through a few other wikis over the weekend and found that a few had their own version of the Barnstar used over on the main Wikipedia, such as Wookieepedia's Wookiee Cookiee. It got me to thinking; should something like that be introduced here to recognise the achievements of various editors and reward them for their hard work? - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 10:31, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- That's a great idea - Prefect badges? Awards of Merit, like what Riddle received? Squeaking Sugar Mice (from Flitwick!)? Mafalda Hopkirk 19:57, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Prefect badges could work, and I was thinking of the Order of Merlin. In addition, anyone who helps battle vandalism could have one along the lines of Honourary Member of the Dark Force Defence League. We don't need loads like Wikipedia or Wookieepedia, but a couple would be nice. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 20:43, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
I like the idea, I think that it should be an Order of Merlin award wiht your 1st be ing 3rd class, 2nd being 2nd class, and so on. I also think that we should give additional awards to new users that are going above and beyond, as well as awards dto veteran users. Maybe we could also give notice to inactive users to try to gett them into contributiong again.-Harry Potter Fantic 1
- I like the idea behind the Order of Merlin 1st, 2nd and 3rd classes, with each Class representing something (for instance, a 3rd class could be for continued good contributions, a 2nd could be for assisting in areas of the wiki that need attention like creating wanted pages, and a 1st for outstanding clean-ups, rewrites, etc). - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 09:09, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
I like the idea of Order of Merlin and I think stuff like prefect badges should be given to those who, well, are most like prefects -help keep rules, patrol the forums/articles ect. (basically, I agree with DarkJedi613). Perhaps the one who is voted most helpful could even be made HeadBoy/HeadGirl.
If your anything like Fred and/or George you might take being given a prefect badge as an insult. Snoops619
- I think we need to keep it as informal as possible, i.e. no voting. John Reaves (talk) 21:39, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
There are a few ideas on Cavalier One's talk page if anyone would like to see.Snoops619
Prefect badge - awarded to those who help combat vandalism, and generally help to keep the Wiki in order
Thanks to Snoops619 (take a bow), we have a couple of images to chose from for this barnstar.
Place votes under your choice of badge
- It could also be the holidays. -- DarkJedi613 (Talk) 17:31, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- Holidays is probably a safe bet. I'll hold the vote open until sunday, and post a message in the header bar encouraging people to vote. As a side note, check User:Cavalier One/Scratch for a basic template to hold the Barnstar. It currently uses badge idea 1 since this is the current vote leader. Note that this is not an endorsement of the design - I intend to abstain from the vote so I can close it without bias. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 11:45, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
Ok, two days later than planned, but done nevertheless. The winner of the vote is badge design 2. Thank you to everyone who voted. I will be incorporating it into the template and creating the barnstar as soon as possible. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 08:12, 8 January 2008 (UTC)