Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As can probably be seen on Seth's talk page, there's been a bit of talk about how to cast a Christmassy spell over the wiki. A few ideas have been tossed around (not really), but the community needs to decide as just that - a community. It's better to debate early than late, after all. So what do you think? --This is an automatically sent message. (You can reply here) 01:37, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I think some of the suggestions mentioned in the discussion already are good. We could also try using one of the Christmas scenes from the film for a backdrop. Since I've been working on the song samples and pages recently, I'll also see about improving the page for Christmas at Hogwarts. For that matter - Christmas at Hogwarts (soundtrack) needs to be merged into that. The merge template has been on there for the longest time and I can't see any good reason why there are two pages for the same subject. ProfessorTofty (talk) 01:55, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- As we're now in December, I've went ahead and updated the slider in the Main Page with our Season's Greetings (and got rid of the Casual Vacancy thing -- the book's been on the shelves for two months, now). -- 01:05, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Just added in some Christmas colours and a Yule Ball background. Normally I don't prefer a tiled background, but it seems to be working for this. Still, if we can get a larger version of this image, it might make a better choice for the background. Or if someone wants to try something more customized, that could work too. Would be nice to also do something with the logo - maybe add in a Santa hat and/or something in the background and some such, but I'm afraid I've never been any great shakes at manipulating graphics in that way. ProfessorTofty (talk) 02:15, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Same here, Professor; two and a half hours till December. Nice one with the background, and I liked the green buttons. As for the logo - I would offer to do that, but I'm not too good at it myself and couldn't upload it onto the thing anyways. Thanks everyone - so far my first Christmas here looks like the best one. --Happy Christmas! (Season's Greetings) 02:26, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
Over here it's been December for about 2 hours. Anyways, I've uploaded a new Christmas wordmark -- hope you like it. --02:34, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks great! Now we've got the full holiday look. ProfessorTofty (talk) 02:47, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Sadly, no - I've never seen the last five films, and the first four I only saw online. If I could find a site with good quality image, I could probably upload one, but after going through ten sets of search results the best I could find frequently skipped and managed to leave out the whole Yule Ball scene entirely. --Happy Christmas! (Season's Greetings) 02:58, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
Perhaps this screenshot can help. I hope I have filled the summary correct. File:Background-Example.png
18:55, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- I tried it, but I think I still prefer the current tiled background. I think we'll go ahead and stick with it. ProfessorTofty (talk) 00:07, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
- The tiled background was a bit awkward, IMO. I tried fooling around with a Yule Ball picture, but then I ended up trying a picture of the Christmas tree from Chamber of Secrets. How do you like it? -- 01:19, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Soooo many Christmas trees, nice idea! Looks good. 12:49, December 2, 2012 (UTC)