Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I know this is obnoxious of me, but I really want to suggest some uniformity in the articles on the Crouches. We have "Bartemius Crouch", "Barty Crouch Sr" and "Barty Crouch, Jr." They should all have the same format, in my opinion, to avoid red links or misspellings on pages. Though I personally think "Bartemius Crouch" should refer to the father, and "Barty" should refer to the son, I understand the reasoning behind the disambig. page "Bartemius Crouch." Regardless, I think the father's page needs to be changed to "Barty Crouch, Sr." to create uniformity with his son's article "Barty Crouch, Jr.". As it is, the father's article does not have a comma or a period denoting the abreviation. Thoughts on that? Mafalda Hopkirk 20:04, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
- I agree that uniformality is needed. For the two articles mentioned above, I suggest:
- Bartemius Crouch (disambiguation) as (obviously) the disambig page for the characters.
- Bartemius Crouch, Sr as the main page name, with Barty Crouch, Sr and Bartemius Crouch redirecting to it. My reason for this is that Crouch, Sr is a more formal person, and the full name reflects that.
- Barty Crouch, Jr as the main page name, with Bartemius Crouch, Jr and Barty Crouch redirecting to it.
- Thoughts? - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 00:03, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Without the period after Jr and Sr is best, i think, because it leaves out the conflict of two periods at the end of sentences. Mafalda Hopkirk 00:08, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Y'know, I never even registered the periods. I agree, though. The pages with periods can serve as redirects since there are probably a lot of articles that use that link. Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 00:15, 29 November 2007 (UTC)