- Hermione Granger: "What are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?"
- Ronald Weasley: "I forgot."
- — Ron and Hermione studying for their final exams[src]
The Forgetfulness Potion is a potion which causes an unknown degree of memory loss in the drinker. The recipe for this potion can be found in Magical Drafts and Potions; its key ingredients include Lethe River Water, mistletoe berries, and Valerian sprigs.
- Add 2 drops of Lethe River Water to your cauldron
- Gently heat for 20 seconds
- Add 2 Valerian sprigs to your cauldron
- Stir 3 times, clockwise
- Wave your wand
- Leave to brew and return in 45-60 minutes
- Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
- Add 4 mistletoe berries to the mortar
- Crush into a medium-fine powder using the pestle
- Add 2 pinches of the crushed mixture to your cauldron
- Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise
- Wave your wand to complete the potion
Behind the scenesEdit
Given that every potion's brewing process must include a magical component to complete it, the most likely spell to complete this potion's brewing process is a Memory Charm.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned in a deleted scene)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and referencesEdit