- "As the gigantic black shape skimmed over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest and the lights shining from the castle windows hit it, they saw a gigantic, powderblue, horse-drawn carriage, the size of a large house, soaring toward them, pulled through the air by a dozen winged horses, all palominos, and each the size of an elephant."
- —The Beauxbatons carriages[src]
When Beauxbatons competed in the 1994 Triwizard Tournament, the students and their Headmistress Olympe Maxime travelled to Hogwarts in the carriage and back to Beauxbatons once the Tournament had finished.
Due to Barty Crouch Snr's, one of the tournament's judges, disappearance was near the carriage's area, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge suspected Madame Maxime to be the culprit, though Albus Dumbledore believed this accusation was due to his personal prejudice since she is a Half-giant.
Behind the scenes
- The version of the Beauxbatons carriage used in the films was life-size. "A grand carriage was rented from Paris and decorated in detail with cherubs, garlands, and painted panels copied from artist François Boucher."
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Indirectly mentioned only)