The Beauxbatons Carriage (French: Le carrosse de Beauxbâtons) was a light-blue carriage pulled by a dozen winged horses used to transport the staff and students of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. Despite being used as transportation by Beauxbatons, travelling in an Abraxan horse-drawn giant carriage is a breach of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy.
1994-1995When Beauxbatons competed in the 1994 Triwizard Tournament, the students and their Headmistress Olympe Maxime travelled to Hogwarts in the carriage and back to Beauxbatons once the Tournament had finished.
Due to Barty Crouch Snr's, one of the tournament's judges, disappearance was near the carriage's area, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge suspected Madame Maxime to be the culprit, though Albus Dumbledore believed this accusation was due to his personal prejudice since she is a Half-giant.
Behind the scenes
- The version of the Beauxbatons carriage used in the films was life-size. "A grand carriage was rented from Paris and decorated in detail with cherubs, garlands, and painted panels copied from artist François Boucher."
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Indirectly mentioned only)