Fluxweed is a member of the mustard family known for its healing properties. When picked at the full moon, it can be used in the making of the Polyjuice Potion. Sixteen scruples are needed to make the potion.
The word Flux means constant change or flow so it makes sense that it would be an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion.
Behind the scenes
- The use of fluxweed in the Polyjuice Potion was chosen by J. K. Rowling to represent "the mutability of the body as it changed into another".
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)