|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
A flute is a woodwind instrument that does not use a reed to produce sound. Rubeus Hagrid gave Harry Potter a flute for Christmas in 1991. Later on, Harry realised the suspicious coincidence in Hagrid wanting a dragon more than anything else, only to meet a stranger who had one to give him. He, Ron, and Hermione ran to ask him about the man who gave Norbert to him, and he told them he never saw his face, and that the man was dressed in a cloak. Hagrid also mentioned that they talked about Hogwarts and Fluffy the three-headed dog. Hagrid let it slip how to get past Fluffy by playing music, which sent Harry, Ron and Hermione off. After finding out that no one would do anything to help, they went to the third floor corridor at night under the Invisibility Cloak and Harry played the flute, which caused Fluffy to fall asleep. In 1993 while performing before the Welcoming feast, the Hogwarts orchestra used two flutes to play. Flutes were used during the Triwizard Tournament Yule Ball.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Hagrid has a flute, but it isn't mentioned whether Hagrid got Harry anything for Christmas. Additionally, instead of Harry using a flute to put Fluffy to sleep, there is a harp which is already playing when the trio get to the room with the trapdoor. This gives away that someone had already been there before the trio, as, in the book, Fluffy was awake when they arrived.
- In the film version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Hagrid is seen sitting by his hut playing a section of Hedwig's Theme on a flute.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game