Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour was a shop that sold ice-cream. Located in North Side, Diagon Alley, next to the Second-Hand Bookshop, the Parlour was owned and operated by Florean Fortescue before he disappeared in 1996.
The Parlour is a small shop with places to sit down inside, and a small area outside with a bunch of tables and chairs. Inside, there can be found lots of colourful ice-cream on display.
On Harry Potter's first visit to Diagon Alley, Rubeus Hagrid presented him with a large ice cream (chocolate and raspberry flavoured with chopped nuts), which likely came from Fortescue's establishment. In 1993, Harry spent a lot of time at the Parlour doing his homework while Mr Fortescue helped him and gave him free ice cream every half-hour. In 1996, Bill Weasley mentioned that Mr Fortescue had been "dragged off" by the looks of the ice cream parlour. It was later confirmed that he had been abducted by Death Eaters, and eventually killed. It is unknown what became of the Parlour after his death.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter: Magical Places from the Films: Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and Beyond on Amazon.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 6 (Draco's Detour)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) DVD (Disc 2) - Diagon Alley Tour
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)
- ↑ PotterCast 131 J.K. Rowling Interview Transcript