Flight of the Hippogriff is one of the three main ride attractions at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, located in the Universal Orlando Resort theme park, Islands of Adventure. It is also set to be included as the secondary attraction to the Universal Studios Japan version of the land.
As with the Dragon Challenge attraction, Flight of the Hippogriff is also a roller coaster attraction, yet is more family oriented. Based on the movie version of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, this attraction features an encounter with an animatrontic recreation of "Buckbeak the Hippogriff", and enables the participants to have a training flight on a rollercoaster train shaped like a Hippogriff.
- The starting point of this ride is in front of Hagrid's hut.
- This ride will give the participants the experience of a Care of Magical Creatures class.
- Before the participants get on the ride, they have to learn how to properly approach the Hippogriff.
- The attraction originally opened on 29 June, 2000, as The Flying Unicorn, located in the Lost Continent section of Universal's Islands of Adventure. After the announcement of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in May of 2007, the attraction was closed on 7 July, 2008, to be rethemed and incorporated into the new area. On 1 June, 2010, the attraction reopened as Flight of the Hippogriff.
- Robbie Coltrane's voice is heard while waiting in line to get on the ride.
- You can hear Fang barking from Hagrid's hut.
- The animatronic hippogriff (Buckbeak) bows to you right before you set off on the ride.
Notes and referencesEdit