|Fleur Delacour´s wand|
The wand of Fleur Delacour is 9½" rosewood, with a Veela hair core. The hair was donated by Fleur's grandmother. When the wand was weighed by Mr Ollivander during the Triwizard Tournament, in which Fleur was Beauxbatons' champion, he described it as "inflexible".
Behind the scenesEdit
- Fleur's wand is quite unique in the series; it's the only wand known to use a core not used by Garrick Ollivander, though the Elder Wand also uses a unique core. Indeed, it seems the materials were chosen for their beauty (Veelas have otherworldly beauty, while rosewood is prized for it's rich-coloured timber). What this says about the quality of her wand is uncertain; one may note she came in last place overall in the Triwizard Tournament.
- As the hair in Fleur's wand came from her grandmother, it is possible her wand was custom-made for her rather than simply purchased.
- In Slavic mythology, some legends claim that if even one of a Veela's hairs is plucked, she will either die or be forced to change into a non-human shape.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7