Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
Dried Billywig stings are rumoured to be one of this sweet's ingredients. This idea is supported by the fact that being stung by a Billywig will make a person levitate for a short period. Although Fizzing Whizbees were one of his favourite sweets, when Harry Potter learned they might contain animal parts, he wrote in his copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them that he would never eat them again.
Honeydukes sweetshop in Hogsmeade stocks Fizzing Whizbees in a large barrel. Ron Weasley described them to Harry Potter and Hermione Granger in high anticipation of their first weekend trip to Hogsmeade in 1993.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Fizzing Whizbees are one of several Harry Potter tie-in sweets that have been manufactured. One reviewer said they are essentially the same as Pop Rocks.
- The Billywig sting ingredient may have been inspired by the many off-putting urban legends involving sweets, including the one that Bubble Yum, the world's first non-hard chewing gum, was made soft by the inclusion of spiders' eggs.
- Honeydukes at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter sells another version of Fizzing Whizbees. They are chocolate bees with a fruity flavoured fizzy in the centre. They maintain the film version packaging.
- Albus Dumbledore used "Fizzing Whizbee" as the password to his office in 1995.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears in extra feature on Disc 2)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 See this image.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Prisoner of Azkaban, Ch. 5
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Prisoner of Azkaban, Ch. 10
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Goblet of Fire, Ch. 23
- ↑ "Mini Review: Harry Potter Fizzing Whizbees" on CandyAddict.com
- ↑ "Spider Eggs in Bubble Yum" on Snopes.com
- ↑ Order of the Phoenix, Ch. 22