Fishing was the practise of trying to catch fish. Techniques included spearing, netting, and angling. It was done to provide food (on both an individual and commercial basis) and as a form of recreation.
Wizards, in alternative, can catch fish and other creatures with spells such as the Summoning Charm and the Seize and Pull Charm. This was how Ted Tonks fished some salmon while on the run from the Muggle-Born Registration Commission in 1997, and how Harry Potter procured Flying Seahorses for Potions class in 1993.
When Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger visited Xenophilius Lovegood in 1998, he initially explained his recently-kidnapped daughter Luna's absence by saying she was was out catching Plimpies in a nearby stream.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Mentioned on magazine cover)
- ''LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Fishing" on Wikipedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 15 (The Goblin's Revenge)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PS2 version
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 20 (Xenophilius Lovegood)