The following events occurred in the 1st millennium A.D.:
- 79: Zaccaria Innocenti casts Tarantallegra on himself and dances inside Mount Vesuvius. The volcano also erupts in this year, killing 1,500, presumably including Innocenti.
- 819: The 1819 bottles of Berry Ocky Rot sold at the Hog's Head Pub start maturing for a full millennium.
- c. 962: Primitive broomsticks are first used for transport.
- c. 993: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is founded by Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Peeves is apparently "created" at this time, and becomes the school's poltergeist.
- The Annual broom race, held in Sweden, begins in the 10th century.
- Serpent of Slytherin (presumed)
- Salazar Slytherin (assumed)
- Godric Gryffindor (assumed)
- Rowena Ravenclaw (assumed)
- Helga Hufflepuff (assumed)
- Hankerton Humble (assumed)
Notes and references
B.C. era - 1st to 10th century - 11th century - 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
15th century - 16th century - 17th century - 18th century - 19th century - 20th century - 21st century