|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
- "The firewhisky seared Harry's throat. It seemed to burn feeling back into him, dispelling the numbness and sense of unreality firing him with something that was like courage. "
- —The effect firewhisky has[src]
Ron Weasley commented that he could most likely purchase Firewhisky at the Hog's Head during the Dumbledore's Army meeting, believing that the barman would not bother to check his legal rights to consume it. Hermione was angered at that, furiously reminding him of his prefect status. He instead had Butterbeer.
Romilda Vane gave Harry some Chocolate Cauldrons she said contained firewhisky, but they actually contained a love potion. Ron ate them and became obsessed with her. Horace Slughorn had to give him an antidote.
After reaching the Burrow after departing Number 4, Privet Drive, Harry Potter drank a toast to Alastor Moody's memory with Firewhisky, served by Bill Weasley, a few days before Harry's seventeenth birthday. Also Harry found that kissing Ginny Weasley was more intoxicating than firewisky.
Ron's Uncle Bilius liked to drink a whole bottle of firewhisky and take to the dance floor.
Rita Skeeter slandered Neville Longbottom, Herbology Professor at Hogwarts and his wife Hannah Abbott, who had applied to be a Matron at Hogwarts, saying that they "both enjoy a little more Ogden's Old Firewhisky than most of us would expect from custodians of our children".
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter