Firewhisky is an alcoholic drink that is consumed by wizards and witches. Those under the age of seventeen are not allowed to buy it, implying that they may not be allowed to drink it. This rule is not always followed. Popular brands include Ogden's Old Firewhisky and Blishen's Firewhisky. It is known to cause a burning sensation when drunk, and for filling one's body with courage.
Ron Weasley commented that he could most likely purchase Firewhisky at the Hog's Head during the Dumbledore's Army meeting. Hermione was angered at that, furiously reminding him of his prefect status. He instead had Butterbeer.
After reaching The Burrow after departing Number 4, Privet Drive, Harry Potter drank a toast to Alastor Moody's memory with Firewhisky, served by Bill Weasley, a few days before Harry's seventeenth birthday.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter