Circular, overhead sweeping
Crimson and gold
Produces a ring of intense flames
- "But then, through the darkness, fire erupted: crimson and gold, a ring of fire that surrounded the rock so that the Inferi holding Harry so tightly stumbled and faltered..."
- —Harry witnessing the flames scaring the Inferi.[src]
Firestorm is a spell that produces a ring of fire around the caster. The caster is able to control the movement and direction of the flames with enough precision to strike individual targets. The spell Partis Temporus can create a gap in the flames to allow safe passage through.
In 1997, Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter entered a seaside cave in an attempt to locate one of Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes. When the Inferi guarding the Horcrux attacked, Dumbledore conjured a firestorm to drive them back, saving Harry's life in the process.
Behind the scenes
- In the soundtrack from the film version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the score for this scene was titled Inferi in the Firestorm.
- This spell may be a variant of Incendio or Fiendfyre.
- This is one of the only two spells that are in modern english.(The other is Point Me)