|Ministry of Magic Classification||
Behind the scenes
- Despite being a protected species, fire crabs appear as enemies that can be killed in many Harry Potter video games. Therefore, their role as such is likely not canon.
- In the Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets GBA and PC video games based on the series, the player must hit a fire crab with Rictusempra to knock it over, then cast Flipendo to push it into a pit. It will then either cease its attacks on you or be unable to attack you. In the PC versions Fire Crabs can be encountered in the Forbidden Forest, Diffindo challenge or in certain areas of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- In the Prisoner of Azkaban game, it can be knocked over with Rictusempra and pushed with Rictusempra.
- In the GBA version of the Goblet of Fire game, they have to be splashed with water on their rear end.
- Incendio can be cast at a flipped over Fire Crab in the Gamecube version of Chamber of Secrets to kill it.
- In the PC version of Philosopher's Stone, Harry encounters a Fire Turtle in the Fire Seed Caves in the Forbidden Forest. The Fire Turtle appears to be an early version of the Fire Crab. Its look is likely due to the 'first-time creation'.
- In the DS, PSP and IOS versions of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, fire crabs are an enemy that can't be killed, but can be stunned using Stupefy. They also appear in the following game.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (GBA version only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (DS/PSP/IOS version only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (DS/IOS version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - GBA version
- ↑ GBA version
- ↑ PC version
|Professors: Silvanus Kettleburn · Rubeus Hagrid · Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank (substitute teacher)|
|Textbooks: The Monster Book of Monsters · Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them|
|Care of Magical Creatures at Hogwarts: Hagrid's Hut · Forbidden Forest · Care of Magical Creatures classroom|
|Creatures studied: Hippogriffs · Flobberworms · Salamanders · Blast-Ended Skrewts · Nifflers · Unicorns · Thestrals · Bowtruckles · Crups · Fire crabs · Knarls · Kneazles · Porlocks|
Magical Creatures by classification