|"Neither can live while the other survives..."|
Point wand at target
Stops spell effects
- Remus Lupin used this spell to take a Tarantallegra charm off of Neville Longbottom.
- Harry Potter used this spell in the Room of Requirement to stop a bookcase from falling on Ron in 1998.
- Nymphadora Tonks used this spell non-verbally on Harry Potter in 1996 to reveal a body bound Harry.
- Hermione Granger used it non-verbally during the Dumbledore's Army meetings in 1995 when Harry showed the Full Body-Bind Curse.
Finio is Latin, meaning to settle, end, die, and cease.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Luna Lovegood uses this spell to remove Harry Potter's invisibility cloak and the Full Body-Bind Curse.