During the 1994–1995 school year, Barty Crouch Jr. (disguised as Alastor Moody) transfigured student Draco Malfoy into a white ferret and bounced him up and down, as punishment for attempting to attack fellow student Harry Potter from behind, earning Draco the nickname of "The Amazing Bouncing Ferret". Professor McGonagall put a stop to this punishment and informed "Moody" that transfiguration was never an acceptable form of punishment.
Someone wrote to the Daily Prophet's Problem Page to ask if the Ministry would look the other way if he turned his brother's children into blood-sucking ferrets (the answer was 'no').
Behind the scenes
- The ferret may be related to the Jarvey, which resembles an overgrown ferret, but has the ability to talk.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Daily Prophet Newsletters
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)