|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Harry Potter contemplated using the spell to make his trunk lighter in order to tie it to the back of his broom and fly to London in order to get some money from Gringotts due to his belief that he was a fugitive. However, he did not actually use the spell.
- Hermione Granger may have used the charm in order to make her beaded handbag lighter; however, this may have been the effect of another spell placed on it.
Behind the scenes
- It is unknown why Hogwarts students don't use this spell on their trunks to make them easier to carry; it is possible this would be against the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Possible appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ Though she can carry it with apparent ease, the fact that it extends undetectably may mean that it also becomes lightweight as if there was nothing in it.
- ↑ Underage students cannot perform magic unless in school, though it's possible that an exception can be made; this would also explain why, though in his first year Harry needed both the Weasley twins and himself to lift his trunk into the luggage racks, the other years he had no difficulty with it.